Thursday, May 28, 2009

Luke has been eating!

Sorry about not updating yesterday. I was so busy with trying to catch up with work that I let slide, because I was so pre-occupied with Luke.

But 2 nights ago Luke ate dry food on his own!!! I was just getting his wet food ready for him. I offered him the wet food whole. But, he was not interested at all in it. So I took his food to go get it ready for the syringe. As I was doing that my daughter decided to offer him a little piece of dry food. He accepted it! So she got a small handful for him & he kept cleaning up the little pile of food. Slowly he was gobbling them all up. We were all very excited! And he has continued to eat the dry food! YAY! I have stopped giving him the wet food completely, because he just wasn't all that into it. I went to the VET yesterday to tell them the good news & she said that was fine that he was eating the dry food & maybe he is just turned off of wet food, because in his mind it made him sick.

I am still giving him the high calorie paste, he is still on one antibiotic medicine & I give him the B12 shot in the morning. Which is now a total breeze to do! I think he only has one more of those shots to take.

I still haven't heard from the VET office about the time of his ultra sound appointment tomorrow. But, they are just squeezing us in at the last moment. Hopefully they will be calling today. We thankfully don't have to go very far for it. Just to West Vancouver.

He is getting around a little easier. The little bugger last night was trying to get downstairs. We have a gate at the top of stairs and he kept knocking on the gate to pull it open. I don't know where he thinks he was going. Because there is nothing down there for him! Silly boy.

I think he is kind of enjoying life laying around bed all day & basking in the sunshine. Everyone needs a break from work, he had been working non-stop for 2 years at the shop. I'm sure he kind of misses saying hello to visitors at the shop, but he has lots of little distractions at home and lot's of constant love and attention. I love Luke.

I am feeling a lot better about his recovery... but I guess we'll just have to wait and see the results of the ultra sound.



5 comments:

  1. that's good news! Please keep us posted! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. did he go to the bathroom? I remember you saying he hasn't in a few days...That's an important thing to mention to the Vet!
    Kisses to Luke from Barbara, Roscoe & Filozinha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep improving Luke, you handsome kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! thanks for the comments so quickly!

    Luke has used the bathroom now! Which is a relief! (no pun intended!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three cheers for Luke- and best wishes tomorrow for his ultra sound. SOOO good to hear he is eating on his own and the plumbing is working as it ought! Keeping you and Luke in our thoughts. I am sure he wants to get back to work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete