Saturday, May 23, 2009

Luke at home day #2

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in today's update. It was my daughters 8th birthday!!!

Well I got home yesterday Luke was hiding. Not just behind the headboard of the bed anymore - but actually under the bed. Remember the picture of him hiding his head under the bed?!! Well some how the little bugger squished his body through that SMALL crack and ended up stuck under there. There are drawers under the bed, so there is some space beyond the drawers where he was able to stand up. So when I looked under the bed... I could see him standing up just sitting there. It was quite the rescue process to get him out, removing the mattress & then a board & then trying to squeeze between other supporting boards. Thankfully cats are so pliable. Poor guy took the longest pee after he was rescued out from under the bed!

Luke was under the bed for so long during the day, that I did force fed him water. Just to be sure he was hydrated. I still have to force feed him his food still too. He was kind of sniffing it out today, so close! I so thought he was going to go for it. But, it was a no-go. I put a little on his nose, he would lick it off - but he had no initiative to feed on his own. Why???!!! Why won't he do it? But, will help himself to water?

I can feel his weight dwindling. I am going to increase his food by one more feeding tomorrow. He keeps the food down & the water (I know this is a good thing). He uses the litter. But, I just don't know why he won't eat wet food. I am getting much better at the force feeding, but I hate doing it. He does not really approve of being force fed. It is pretty cute though, when he lets me pat his chin clean after he eats. I also forgot today to pick up the kitty milk. I really want to get some. Especially since it seems he will go for a liquid.

My poor Luke. I kind of feel like I am taking care of a senior citizen.

We have now filled all around the bottom of the bed with blankets and such to prevent him from getting in there again. Because last night he did try and go behind the headboard and he just sits there. Like he doesn't know how to get out and he has to be pulled out. Poor guy. I actually had forgotten how much he loves to have a little kitty cat den, like at the shop. At the shop he has this bench that we have curtained off with his bed under it, so when he needs to seek solace - that is his "go to place". I made a a little cat den for him now and he is pretty content in it. But, I think he forgets to come out - even to get water it seems. He just isn't himself. He use to come when you called his name, but now he just looks at you. I kind of place him in places on the bed or in his cat den. He'll just stay there until he needs to go to the litter box or the water dish. But, that really isn't the case with the cat den... he will just hide in there. I wonder why he'll jump off the bed to do his business & get water, but not when he is in cat den?

I can't wait to take him to the vet on Monday. I am hoping they will have some answers.

Thank you so much for your continued support. You are all the bestest. I tell Luke that there are many friends rooting for him to get better from all over the world!!! It's truly amazing.

The total in contributions is $400!
Thank you so much.

Hugs to everyone!
Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. OK all I can suggest is for you to join and ask at a Yahoo group called Aske-vet they have provided me with helpful information.

    Our Sooty is ill and I wanted to ask some questions about how the vet could tell "this and that and stuff" - I got a prompt explanation from a U.K. vet which was helpful and clarified things. It's no substitute for a second opinion but allowed me to ask questions without bursting into tears as i would calling our local vet (who is a good vet but I didn't want to cry all over him).

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much! i am going to check it out today! i was reading other peoples questions trying to get what i could from the answers... i'll post my own question today! thanks for the lead.
    hugs.

    ReplyDelete